Bennett's birth story

I am so blessed I am able to carry to full term. I nursed my toddler all through my pregnancy and that was a blessing as well. Yes it was hard but I did it for him. 

I had a wonderful pregnancy. I was sick up until 20 weeks but I know it could have been worse. It flew by with a toddler to chase. 

I was afraid I wouldn't know the signs of labor. I didn't have any false contractions even nursing. 

4 days before I went into labor I started having contractions. They weren't painful just uncomfortable. They were inconsistent and went away most of the day. At night they were closer together. 

On Monday morning I began to have them all day. They went from 13 minutes to 6 minutes. Then later in the afternoon they were 4-5 minutes apart. 

I just felt something was different. I decided to wait until Liam went to bed to go to the hospital just to get checked. 

I thought they would say I was only a 3 and send me home. 

I tried to nurse Liam to sleep but it was too painful. The contractions went under a minute apart. Again I didn't think anything other than I wanted to just go see. 


I arrived at the hospital 7cm dialated. The contractions slowed down and were not very painful. My birth photographer said maybe it was "the calm before the storm." That indeed it was. 

I will say this birth experience far exceeded my expectations. I am already excited about my next birth. 
The staff was amazing as always. It was such a wonderful time before little man joined us. We just sat around talking waiting for my body to progress. 


We welcomed our little man at 1:38am. 3 pushes and he was out. I had amazing support from the ob who coached me through an amazing quick delivery. 

It was such a beautiful time Derek and I spent together. Since he was born in the morning it was just the two of us. It was very much what we needed. 

Introducing Bennett Grey Ortega 
7lb 8oz 
22 inches. 

We are so in love with you. 























Comments

Popular Posts