How to leave the house with 3 kids




I'm constantly getting comments about how active we are and how we are always on the go. That is partially true. I am a very social person and because of that both my boys are. We love interacting with people. 

I will never forget the conversation that made me realize Liam is a lot like me. It was about a year ago when he was around 2.5. We were heading to the park and on the way he asked "mom who are we going to the park with today?"
I replied "it's just us today." I could see his little gears turning in his head in the car seat mirror "oh so I can go to the park and make new friends?" 

We can literally make friends anywhere. 


Now here are my steps to how I get out of the house with out leaving a kid behind or diapers because those are equally as important! 

I'm the hot mess mom. 

  • my diaper bag almost always stays in the car. I usually have extra diapers in the front seat. So every morning I grab a handful of diapers for Bennett and a handful for Hallie. 

  • normally just dress my kids and then carry their shoes with me to the car. One of the boys if not both will take them off in the car anyways. Most of the time Bennett's are still in the car from the day before. 

  • My stroller or both my strollers normally are always in the back of the car. Sometimes that's a problem if we forget to take them out when we go to the groceries but with 3 little ones you always have to be prepared one or all don't want to walk.  

  • I have friends at sonic. Literally I drive up and my friend walks out with an extra large Dr Pepper and tells me to have a great day 

  • we normally only pick one activity for the day. Occasionally two if I have a family member helping me. 

  • And we just make the best of it. We often leave stores with one of the kids if not all crying (sometimes it seems just to make mommy look like she can't handle 3) 

  • Embrace and encourage car naps. At least a few times a week  I can be found sitting in my car in my drive way to let my kids nap. I often drive around the block if one wakes up early. I know my neighbors all think I am crazy

Honestly we make the best of my crazy trio. I often forget wipes and make a new friend by begging another mom if she can spare a few.


I wouldn't change my 3 kiddos in 3 years. Most moms have a 3 year gap between their kids but I've come to embrace I'm not like those other moms! 

Comments

  1. Hi there,

    I’m the Community Manager with Anagram Interactive, where we specialize in connecting established brands with prominent bloggers. We’re currently working with Paperless Post, a company that designs customizable online and printed stationery, to show that communication can be personal and well-designed regardless of the medium.

    Paperless Post has partnered with several world-famous designers and lifestyle brands, including kate spade new york, Oscar de la Renta, Jonathan Adler, and Rifle Paper Co., and has delivered over 85 million cards to date. Since you have such an engaging and beautifully-designed blog, we’d like to offer you 600 Paperless Post digital Coins (a $60 value) for free to try out our online service and write about your experience.

    We really think you’ll enjoy Paperless Post and can’t wait to hear what you think. Please let me know if this is something you’d be interested in and I’ll show you how to get started.

    Best,
    Ann
    ann@anagraminteractive.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts