You have Two ears and one mouth

My dad repeated this phrase to me often growing up. He would always tell me "Amy, God gave you two ears and one mouth. Listen more than you speak."

It was an annoyance at the time but as I got older it was a constant reminder. 
I am quick to speak but I need to learn to listen.

With 2015 a few days away I am dedicating this year to listening. Listening to my baby say his first words, a friend who needs to vent and to what God is trying to tell me this year.

I'm starting this blog as my way of speaking but also to remind myself to listen to others.


I am starting a challenge for myself and my little man.
We are going to participate in some kind of community sevice or activity serving others. We are going to listen and learn from other people. 


It's going to be an exciting year. 


My life is messy but I couldn't imagine a more perfect life. 


Comments

Popular Posts