As some of you know my brother and sister-in-law had their baby yesterday. I knew I would be excited to be an aunt to my one of my siblings first child but I never imagined this much. I am so in love with the little boy.
Here are some of the reasons why I love being an aunt so far. It's only been two days :)
- I am so excited to see my little man and his cousin grow up together. I often wished I had a cousin close to my age.
- I am able to love on the little boy but I can hand him back to his parents when he poops or cries.
- I did not realize it was possible to find another baby almost as cute as you do your own. It is because we have the same genes :)
- The new baby smell is amazing
- My husband can get his baby fix.
- I love having someone to talk to about baby stuff. I am excited for my brother and sister in law to get to understand the joys and the honor of being parents. I am also excited for them to go through the hard times together. This will bring us all closer.
I love my new title as aunt. I wish I had a cooler name then aunt Amy. My brother is Uncle Doodoo and my sister is Aunt DeDe. Should I stick with Aunt Amy? Do you have any suggestions?