I wish I was an octopus.

We took our little man to the zoo for his first time this past weekend. He loved the goats, fish, birds, monkeys and the kids area. It is so much fun seeing him experience new things.

My husband said while we were feeding the fish "I wish I was a fish. How nice it would be to just swim around carefree all day."I know he was joking but I couldn't believe out of all the animals he chose a slimy fish.


This week as I have been trying to work on cleaning the house while watching a extra clingy cranky baby I thought about what animal I want to be.
AN OCTOPUS. Have you seen how many legs/arms that creature has? Not one or four BUT 8!

The things I could do with 8 arms. First of all I would be able to fix my hair while still holding my teething monster. Oh the endless possibilities. 

As a first time mom I am having to learn to balance my chores, time with my little man as well as taking care of myself. This past weekend I had mastitis. I was miserable but thanks to my amazing mom I was able to sleep and take care of myself. As I always say being a mom is amazing but you forget what it was like showering in peace or painting your nails. I wont ramble but I will say I need to learn to be more like an octopus.


If I were an octopus I would use all of my 8 arms and laugh at the other creatures who only have two. For now I am a complete mess but I will make due with my two arms.




Comments

  1. Ha! I sooo feel your pain. I don't remember the last time I had my nails done. I crave a spa day, but that hasn't happened since I was pregnant with my first son - 7 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your family are so sweet! I love it!!!! Just remember to smile everyday - I hear motherhood is tough :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts